The list is endless…
- Visit the medieval City of Carcassonne, a World Heritage site and over 2000 years old but still open to the public. Climb the ramparts, the scene of centuries of bloodshed, browse through the winding alleys and savour the excellent cuisine.
- If World Heritage sites pique your interest, relax on the banks of the tree lined Canal du Midi, where you can cycle, hire a boat or just watch the barges meander past while enjoying a picnic of local cheeses, olives and maybe a glass of wine.
- For the more energetic climb up the 300 metre high rocks and wander around the 4 Cathar castles at Lastours
- A gastronomic dream, you can eat in Michelin star restaurants or enjoy more simple fare at one of the excellent local bistros offering 3 course menus du jour for under 20 euros.
- Marvel at the wealth of choice in any of the local village markets offering regional specialities, such as goats’ cheeses, magret de canard, olives, farm fruit and vegetables
- As the world’s largest wine producing area and France’s sunniest region you are spoilt for choice with caves and domaines, which will happily welcome you to sample their fine wines
- Just one hour from the beautiful Mediterranean beaches and stunning Pyrenees, where you can ramble during the summer and ski in the winter
- Get closer to nature and see the pink flamingo reserve, the Australian animal park at Carcassonne, or the African safari at Sigean
- Swim or take a boat out in the pretty lake and beach in Carcassonne, climb through the trees on high wires at Acrobranche in the same park, or have a round of golf before lunch at Chateau d’Auriac
- Endless opportunities for fishing or cycling and we have the Black Mountains right on our doorstep
- Just 1.5 hours to Spain or Andorra, which have such an influence on the region, from food to fiestas and even bull fighting
- Walk down to our village at Conques and buy your fresh bread and croissants, take a dip in the heated 25m outdoor pool or have a game of tennis on the newly re-surfaced free courts
…we could go on!